Nov 30, 2011

Siri controlling room via SiriProxy

Siri controlling room via SiriProxy 

What is Siri

Siri is the intelligent personal assistant that helps you get things done just by asking. It allows you to use your voice to send messages, schedule meetings, place phone calls, and more. But Siri isn’t like traditional voice recognition software that requires you to remember keywords and speak specific commands. Siri understands your natural speech, and it asks you questions if it needs more information to complete a task.Visit Apple to know more about siri
 " Using SiriProxy I am able to control any of the devices in my house. These are a couple things I can do in my room so far. Pandora control, IR commands, VLC Library control, Mountain weather reports and more coming soon! Subscribe to be the first to hear about new videos!

How this works:
I have OSX Lion running in VMWare, MaraDNS routing guzzoni.apple.com, and a ruby gem that directs commands back to a C# server I have written for my iphone app (see other videos) and dual purposed for Siri :)
The C# server talks to directly to the X10 interface via CM15a.
X10 is what controls the fan and lights.
The curtains are opened/closed using some pieces from an old robotics kit and using an arduino to power it all. It can respond to X10, RFID, and physical buttons as well. See my videos for a walkthrough "

Visit this channel for more http://www.youtube.com/user/phildman14

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More